Academic Interventions & Resource
St. Therese Catholic School is committed to providing a learning environment that is safe, inclusive and welcoming for all students. We are committed to providing children with special needs an education that meets their spiritual, academic, emotional and social needs. Students with special needs flourish at St. Therese as we offer a nurturing, accepting, faith based environment with a focus on individual strengths and abilities to help each child reach his or her God-given potential.
Children with learning disabilities have their education needs met with resources such as special education teacher support services, resource room, and an individualized alternative learning plan.
If you suspect a learning disability:
- Address your concerns with your child’s teacher.
- Teacher will use modified teaching strategies.
- Principal or resource teacher will set up a meeting to discuss if a formal evaluation should be done to determine if your child has a learning disability.
- Formal evaluation is completed by either the public school or you may opt to hire your own professional to do a psycho-educational evaluation.
- If the results confirm a specified learning disability, a meeting with the principal, special education coordinator, teacher and parent(s) will take place to complete an Alternative Learning Plan.